Thursday, September 10, 2009

Golden Rod Now Blooming

I just noticed that the golden rod wild flowers are now blooming around here. I just checked my hive this weekend and they have not grown very much. Hot, dry, not much to feed on. Hopefully they will now grow with the fall flowers beginning to bloom. I planted 2 rows of english peas last week and they are up and looking good. I also planted 9 broccoli plants but 2 were cut down by cut worms. Still harvesting bell peppers, cucumbers, squash, and jalapeno peppers.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi Paul. It was good to hear from you again. I'd been wondering what you were up to. My bees and garden are pretty much finished for the year. Our weather has gotten very cool. I planted some broccoli, too, and the voles are eating it from underground. Last week I had 15 plants. Today, I have 8. Oh well, I guess the critters have to eat, too.