Saturday, May 2, 2009

Recent Photo's of Bees & Honey

This year I have started a garden from some very good soil. I have burned my wood flitches and scrap wood here for about 10 years. The soil is dark and grows very large weeds so I thought I would make a garden out of the spot. The bee hives are within 50 feet of the garden. Hopefully I will have some fresh veggies this year. I have planted corn, strawberries, peppers, squash, tomatoes, potato's, bush snap beans, and my grape vine cuttings were rooted in 1/2 of of one row. The bees should enjoy this.




This is another view of the garden that I have started this year. I put an 8 foot cyclone fence around it to be sure I have no deer in there. It is small (23' x 23') but I have 7 rows of veggies in an area that I can reasonably manage and water. (I ran a 3/4" water line to the garden underground and have it set up nicely for irrigation purposes.)














It is hard to see but the extractor had honey almost to the extractor cage.




It was about 3 1/2 gallons in there that we extracted from 2 hives.








I am now emptying the extractor with a screen filter.















Ahhhhhhh the sweet rewards of backyard bees.



This is a fun little video of the bees in action.








This is a photo of my 3 hives that I keep in my backyard. The middle hive is the new split hive.

































2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's up Daddy? From Caylin

Unknown said...

Mammy says to put something interesting on here.