Sunday, May 17, 2009

Updated Photo of Garden


Looking good, looking good.
The snap beans are nearly ready to harvest. Some squash will soon be ready also. I am usually picking a handful of strawberries every other day. My blanc dubois cuttings are also healthy.



This is a smoker/cooker that I built from an old used water well bladder tank. It holds the desiered temperature well and will cook for 5 or 6 hours on only 40 charcoal briquets. This was a fun project. I have yet to paint it. I wanted to make sure all items were fine tuned before painting. Its's ugly but it works great.
This is the catfish trap that I built today. I will try to document the catfish harvest. Maybe someone will find this pretty neat. Like I have said before, you can never till what sort of strange project I have going on. I lost my other trap in the river.



This is a photo of my grapes that I am growing. This is the second year for the vines and I have allowed a few of them to produce grapes. The variety is blanc dubois. They are suppose to be pierce disease resistant.



3 comments:

Lynn said...

I get the feeling that when you plant you must literally be able to see things grow. My garden is beautiful but the weather in the mountains makes for very slow growing conditions. We're expecting frost tonight! Yikes!!!

Paul said...

We have had copious amounts of rain lately that certainly makes for fast growing crops. The Ouachita river is at a 7 year high and is expected to crest this Saturday. I have some pine trees on a 40 acre tract that I had planted this year that will probably perish but I can replant this winter.

Kat said...

I found your blog through Lynn. I like it and will follow it if you don't mind. My hubby used to fish for catfish in the lower Alabama River. I helped him a few times when were a lot younger. We live close to the Tennessee now. But we don't fish anymore. Your blog brings back good memories of the way we used to live.