Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's Going On

Wild Plum
Dad with his bees


Changing the oil.


New Oil


Dad has 3 hives on his WRP land.




Well it is now March 17th 2010. Here in La the plum trees are budding and the bradford pear trees are in full bloom. We also have a wild plum tree that is in full bloom. The bees are very active now. This weekend, I went to my Dad's and we observed his bee hives. All look healthy. Today I installed 3 swarm catches with the pheremone attached to each. Maybe I will catch another swarm this year. Last year the bees began swarming toward the end of this month. I think Dad caught 4 or 5 swarms last year (he had the time to do that). I have been building a smoker cooker out of an old propane tank this winter. I finally finished it the other day. Check out the photo's. Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I enjoyed these photos. Especially the wild plum.