Saturday, August 15, 2009

Honey Sells

We processed our cucumbers into dill pickles. Awesome!

I know it is unorthodox but it works fine for me.
This frame was only 50% capped, I did not extract this but thought it would give a good photo of the difference of capped and uncapped honey. The uncapped honey (in the lower half of the frame) contains too much moisture to extract and may spoil. You really need to extract only honey that is capped (unless you are a comercial operation and have a way to monitor and control moisture.



Zucchini (I think that is how you spell it)



Ok, this water mellon decided to grow on the fence, so I built a sling for it so it would not fall. My wife thought this was funny.



The word is now out that I have bees and honey and most folks really enjoy the fact that this is a local product and is good for their seasonal allergies. The garden has done well this year, in fact I just ate watermellon. (Delicious). Check out the photos of the garden.

3 comments:

Kat said...

The pickles look delicious! I love homemade kosher dills and pickled peppers. Glad you had a good garden this year. This was not the case for us. That watermelon sling was a smart move, what we won't do to save our crops!!

Lynn said...

Hi Paul. Looks like you've had a good summer. What a great way to strain honey. Mine went through a 5 gallon paint strainer. Worked just fine and I didn't spend a lot of money!

That zucchini would make great bread.

Paul said...

My wife has made zucchini bread and it is delicious. We all enjoy that. Thanks